Thank you for your interest in the Acworth Arts Alliance “Art House.” Please follow these guidelines when submitting your art for review.
- Please submit at least three works for consideration, one image each for two-dimensional work (paintings, photographs…) and no more than three images for each three-dimensional work (sculpture, ceramics, glass, etc.). Include the medium used, size and price for each work.
- Digital images can be emailed to the gallery director. Please include an artist’s statement, resume or biography.
- e-mail address: email@example.com
Even after you are accepted, we reserve the right to decline any work that we feel is not appropriate for our gallery, which includes work that is improperly framed or excessively large or expensive. Note: solo shows are strictly by invitation only
Exhibit Guidelines if accepted:
- All canvas work must be framed or on one-inch wrap canvas with painted sides. All two-dimensional original work must be framed (unless gallery wrap), wired, ready to hang, titled along with artists contact information and price.
- Prints must be matted, in a protective sleeve, titled along with artists contact information and priced. We will not hang giclee prints. They will be displayed in the print bin.
- Three-dimensional work such as pottery, sculpture, glass, jewelry, must be labeled with price and artists name and contact info.
- Art submissions will be featured in the gallery two to three months. It is the artist’s responsibility to rotate work at the end of the two month period.
"Featured Exhibit" Schedule:
March 31-April 28: "Spring is in the Air" Exhibit - Open Submissions (submissions deadline 3/15) Artist Reception: April 7, 6-9 p.m.
May 5-26: North Cobb High School Student Exhibit is the "Featured Exhibit", Artist Reception: May 5, 6-9 p.m.
June 2- July 28: "Summer Splash" Exhibit- Open Submissions (submission deadline: May 15) Artist Reception: June 2, Open House: July 7, 6-9 p.m.
August 4- September 29: "Transitions" Exhibit- Open Submissons (submission deadline: July 15) Artist Reception: August 4, Open House: Sept.1, 6-9 p.m.
October 6-27: "Founding Members Exhibit" Submissions limited to "Founding Member Artists" (submission deadline: Sept. 15) Artist Reception: October 6, 6-9 p.m.
November 3- December 29: "Small Works Exhibit"- Open Submissions (submission deadline: October 15)
Artist Reception: November 3, Open House: December 1, 4-7 p.m.
"Summer Splash" Featured Exhibit Artist Submission
Deadline for submissions for this exhibit: Tuesday, May 15, 2018, at midnight. This exhibit will run from Saturday, June 2, through Saturday, July 28, 2018. An Artist Reception is planned for Saturday, June 2 from 6-9p.m. and an Open House is planned for Saturday, July 7 from 6-9p.m.
Works must be original. Works in all mediums will be considered. Two-dimensional pieces as large as 30"x40" will be considered for this exhibit. However, we will be looking for most pieces to be smaller than this. Two- and three-dimensional works will be considered. Please submit 3-10 pieces of two- or three-dimensional work.